Iran, Iraq, and the United States : the new triangle's impact on sectarianism and the nuclear threat / Sherifa D. Zuhur.
- Zuhur, Sherifa (författare)
Alternativt namn: Zuhur, Sherifa D.
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Army War College. Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: SSI
- ISBN 1584872640
- Publicerad: [Carlisle Barracks, PA] : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 2006
- Engelska viii, 80 p.
Läs hela texten (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ONLINE VERSION:)
- This monograph considers the issues of Iranian influence in Iraq, and its impact on continuing sectarian violence there. It also questions the claims that a Shi'a crescent of power is solidifying by examining the distinct features of Iraqi versus Iranian Shi'ism and political Islam. Iran and Iraq have historically influenced and threatened each other. Today, the situation has been further complicated by the post-2003 change in the Iraqi Shi'a community's status, Iran's development of a nuclear program, and international efforts to contain that program. These issues are now influenced by a new pattern of Iraqi-Iranian, U.S.-Iraqi and Iranian-U.S. dynamics. This new triangle of state relations must also be considered in light of Iraq and Iran's neighbors.
- Islam (sao)
- Nuclear weapons -- Iran. (LCSH)
- Shīʹah -- Iran. (LCSH)
- Shīʹah -- Iraq. (LCSH)
- Islam (LCSH)
- Iran -- Relations -- Iraq. (LCSH)
- Iraq -- Relations -- Iran. (LCSH)
- Iran -- foreign policy -- nuclear weapons -- nuclear strategy -- religious conflicts -- islam -- Middle East -- Iraq -- USA (sipri)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit