Deconstructing Howard [electronic resource] : a rhetorical analysis of hegemonic ideologies in the motion picture In & out / Marla E. Carano.
Carano, Marla E.
OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center.
- Akron, OH : University of Akron, 2009.
- Engelska 71 p.
Se hela resursen (Connect to OhioLINK ETD Center)
- "This study performs an analysis on the motion picture In & Out, and its representation of hegemonic ideologies with regards to homosexuality. Through a deconstruction of the main character, Howard, and his coming out, it is determined that the film inadvertently perpetuates most traditional positive descriptors of homosexuality, and challenges most traditional negative descriptors. Although the film paints a picture of homosexuality as good and acceptable, it does so while still maintaining heteronormativity."--Abstract.
- Homosexuality in motion pictures. (LCSH)
- Coming out (Sexual orientation) (LCSH)
- Gays. (LCSH)
- In & out (Motion picture : 1997)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.