AARP Facebook [Elektronisk resurs] Tech to Connect.
Collier, Marsha. (författare)
- ISBN 9781118284704
- Publicerad: Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 2012
- Engelska 1 online resource (192 p.)
- AARP Facebook: Tech to Connect; About the Author; Dedications; Author's Acknowledgments; Table of Contents; Introduction; About This Book; Who This Book Is For; Conventions; How This Book Is Organized; Chapter 1: Signing Up and Starting Up on Facebook; Registering Your Profile; Building Your Profile; Setting Your Profile Information's Privacy Level; Adding More about You; Chapter 2: Finding and Making Friends: Old and New; Searching to Find a Friend on Facebook; Sending a Friend Request; Finding Friends in Other Friends' Lists; Accepting a Friend Request; The Navigation Bar Gets You Around.
- Connecting to a Facebook NetworkChapter 3: Friendly Interactions; Updating Your Status; Liking or Commenting on a Friend's Status; Deleting Updates or Comments; Removing Friends' Comments from Your Wall; Removing a Tag from a Post; Chatting in Real Time through Chat or Video; Asking Your Friends a Question; Sharing News and Information from the Web; Chapter 4: Adding Photos and Videos to Your Timeline; Copying Photos from Your Camera or Smartphone; Storing Your Photos in the Cloud; Uploading Your Photos to the Amazon Cloud Drive; Downloading Your Photos from the Cloud Drive.
- Placing a Photo or Video on FacebookTagging Yourself or Your Friends in Photos; Removing Tags and Photos from Your Timeline; Deleting a Photo; Creating and Editing a Photo Album; Sharing a Video or Photo from a Friend's Page; Sharing Videos You Find on YouTube; Chapter 5: Fine-Tuning: Account and Privacy Settings; Customizing Account Settings; Making General Settings; Selecting Security Settings; Setting Your Notifications; Managing Apps, Mobile Access, and Payments; Facing Facebook Ads; Tightening Up Your Privacy Settings; Making Item-by-Item Privacy Settings.
- Chapter 6: Facebook Timeline - Your Virtual ScrapbookMaking Your Timeline a Reflection of You; Placing Your Cover Image; Adding Life Events; Changing Your Profile Picture; Adding to Your Map; Chapter 7: More Conversations via Pages and Groups; Recognizing Pages and Groups; Finding Facebook Pages to Enjoy; Creating Your Own Brand or Community Page; Discovering New Groups to Join; Starting Your Own Group; Customizing Your Group's Look and Feel; Chapter 8: Embracing Events, Messaging, and Birthdays; Accessing Event Invitations; Finding Events to Attend; Accepting Invitations - Or Not.
- Declining an Event in Stealth ModeCreating Your Own Event; Using a Private Message to Talk to a Friend; Finding Out When It's Your Friend's Birthday; Sending Wishes on Friends' Birthdays; Chapter 9: Playing Around with Facebook Games and Apps; Finding Games and Apps; Finding a Specific Game or App; Giving Permissions to Join; Controlling App Privacy or Opting Out; Video-Calling through Facebook Chat; Playing Music with Your Friends; Index.
- Connect with old friends and make some new ones with Facebook and this one-of-a-kind reference AARP Facebook: Tech to Connect is packed with examples and guidance to familiarize you with Facebook and all it has to offer. People over 55 are among Facebook's fastest-growing user segment, with well over six million users, and this guide shares the insights of many 50+ users. It covers signing up, creating a profile, adding friends, posting status updates, chatting online, uploading photos and video, creating events, joining groups, and much more.Covers creating and tweaking a profile, finding and
- Facebook (Electronic resource).
- Social networks.
- Electronic books. (LCSH)
- TK5105.888 .C889 2012 (LCC)
- 004.69 (DDC)
- Pubdk (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.