Foreign relations of the United States, 1969-1976 Volume 37 Energy crisis, 1974-1980 / Steven G. Galpern, editor; general editor: Edward C. Keefer.
Galpern, Steven G., 1969- (redaktör/utgivare)
Keefer, Edward C. (Edward Coltrin), 1945- (redaktör/utgivare)
United States. Dept. of State. Office of the Historian.
- ISBN 9780160895319
- Publicerad: Washington : U.S. G.P.O. 2012
- Engelska xxxv, 967 p.
Serie: Foreign relations of the United States, 0071-7355 ; 1969-1976, 37.
Läs hela texten (Connect to this title online)
- Preface -- Sources -- Abbreviations and terms -- Persons -- Energy crisis, 1974-1980: Consumers Organize: Preparatory Conference I, August 1974-April 1975; Preparatory Conference II, April 1975-October 1975; The Rising Price of Oil, October 1975-January 1977; Strategies to Cope with High Oil Prices, February 1977-January 1979; The Iranian Oil Shortfall, January 1979-January 1981 -- Index.
- This volume is part of a subseries of the Foreign Relations series that documents the most important foreign policy issues of the Richard M. Nixon and Gerald R. Ford presidential administrations. Because of the long-term nature of the 1970s energy crisis, however, this volume includes the period of the Jimmy Carter administration, covering U.S. policy from August 1974 until January 1981. The documentation in this volume focuses primarily on Ford and Carter policies aimed at mitigating the damage to the U.S. and global economy caused by rising oil prices imposed in 1973 by the OPEC cartel, and in 1978 by the perceived shortage of oil supplies resulting from the Iranian Revolution. The documents show that the United States conducted a broad-based multilateral diplomacy to address the crisis and that U.S. diplomats were active participants in the development of the International Energy Agency's program of energy cooperation. The economic summits of the period brought together the heads of state from oil consuming industrialized countries in Rambouillet, London, Bonn, and Tokyo in an effort to devise a common strategy to deal with the impact of high oil prices on the global economy. This is one of a growing number of Foreign Relations volumes that document global issues instead of a bilateral relationship, reflecting the changing nature of U.S. foreign policy in response to an increasingly interrelated world. For documentation on the energy crisis prior to August 1974, see Foreign Relations, 1969-1976, volume XXXVI, Energy Crisis, 1969-1974.
- Internationella relationer (sao)
- Energy policy -- United States. (LCSH)
- Petroleum industry and trade -- Political aspects -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Energy consumption -- United States. (LCSH)
- Energy conservation -- United States -- International cooperation -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Energy security -- United States -- International cooperation -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- International relations (LCSH)
- Iran -- History -- Revolution, 1979. (LCSH)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Iran. (LCSH)
- Iran -- Foreign relations -- United States. (LCSH)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1974-1977. (LCSH)
- Förenta staterna
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994.
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006.
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- United States. Department of State.
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
- 327.73 (DDC)
- Ob (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Stockholms universitet Frescatibiblioteket (H)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.