Honor-based violence : policing and prevention / Karl Anton Roberts, Gerry Campbell, Glen Lloyd.
Roberts, Karl Anton (author.)
Campbell, Gerry, 1967- (author.)
Lloyd, Glen (author.)
- ISBN 9781466556676
- Publicerad: Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2014
- Copyright: ©2014
- Engelska 1 online resource
Serie: Advances in police theory and practice series ; 19
- Relaterad länk:
http://marc.crcnetba... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- 1. What is honor-based violence? -- 2. Explanatory theories of honor-based violence -- 3. Effective investigation of honor-based violence 1 : primary investigation -- 4. Effective investigation of honor-based violence 2 : secondary investigation -- 5. Effective investigation of honor-based violence 3 : secondary investigation, issues with offence types -- 6. Effective investigation of honor-based violence offences 4 : secondary investigation, family liaison officers, supervision and prosecution -- 7. Risk management : victim risk and community impact assessment -- 8. Multiagency working and honor-based violence -- 9. Communication strategies -- 10. Children and honor-based violence -- 11. Concluding remarks.
- "Investigating honor-based violence can be difficult without a firm grasp of the cultural underpinnings behind the behavior. This volume explores the characteristics and causes of honor-based violence and offers practical insights into effective methods of policing. The research and best practices are drawn largely from the work done by the Violent Crime Directorate of the Metropolitan Police Service (London, UK) managed by Campbell and Lloyd. The accessible style of this text makes it a valuable resource for law enforcement and policing professionals who investigate these crimes and an ideal textbook for policing and criminal justice courses"--
- Women -- Crimes against -- Great Britain -- Prevention. (LCSH)
- Women -- Crimes against -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Women's rights -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Electronic books. (LCSH)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.