The you I've never known / Ellen Hopkins.
Hopkins, Ellen (författare)
- ISBN 978-1-4814-4290-9
- First edition.
- Publicerad: New York : Margaret K. McElderry Books, 
- Engelska 590 pages
- With both joy and fear, seventeen-year-old Ariel begins to explore her sexuality, while living with her controlling, abusive father who has told Ariel that her mother deserted her years ago.
- "How do you live your life if your past is based on a lie? A new novel in both verse and prose from #1 New York Times bestselling author, Ellen Hopkins. For as long as she can remember, it's been just Ariel and Dad. Ariel's mom disappeared when she was a baby. Dad says home is wherever the two of them are, but Ariel is now seventeen and after years of new apartments, new schools, and new faces, all she wants is to put down some roots. Complicating things are Monica and Gabe, both of whom have stirred a different kind of desire. Maya's a teenager who's run from an abusive mother right into the arms of an older man she thinks she can trust. But now she's isolated with a baby on the way, and life's getting more complicated than Maya ever could have imagined. Ariel and Maya's lives collide unexpectedly when Ariel's mother shows up out of the blue with wild accusations: Ariel wasn't abandoned. Her father kidnapped her fourteen years ago. What is Ariel supposed to believe? Is it possible Dad's woven her entire history into a tapestry of lies? How can she choose between the mother she's been taught to mistrust and the father who has taken care of her all these years? In bestselling author Ellen Hopkins's deft hands, Ariel's emotionally charged journey to find out the truth of who she really is balances beautifully with Maya's story of loss and redemption. This is a memorable portrait of two young women trying to make sense of their lives and coming face to face with themselves--for both the last and the very first time."
- Novels in verse. (LCSH)
- Parent and child -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Identity (Philosophical concept) -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Sexual orientation -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Lesbians -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Psychopaths -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Kidnapping -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Psychopaths -- Fiction. (LCSH Children)
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Social Issues -- Physical & Emotional Abuse (see also Social Issues -- Sexual Abuse) (bisacsh)
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Family -- Marriage & Divorce. (bisacsh)
- Identity (Philosophical concept) (fast)
- Kidnapping. (fast)
- Lesbians. (fast)
- Novels in verse. (fast)
- Parent and child. (fast)
- Psychopaths. (fast)
- Sexual orientation. (fast)
- Parent-child relationship -- Fiction. (sears)
- Young adult fiction. (LCSH)
- Novels in verse.
- Fiction. (fast)
- Juvenile works. (fast)
- Novels in verse. (fast)
- Young adult works. (fast)
- Novels in verse. (lcgft)
- Barn- och ungdomslitteratur (saogf)
- 823 (DDC)
- He.01,u (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit