Writing dissertation and grant proposals. [Elektronisk resurs] : epidemiology, preventive medicine and biostatistics / Lisa Chasan-Taber, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA.
Chasan-Taber, Lisa (författare)
- ISBN 9781466512078
- Publicerad: Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 
- Copyright: ©2014
- Engelska 1 online resurs (xxiii, 41d sidor)
- part one. Preparing to write the proposal -- part two. The proposal : section by section -- part three. Grantsmanship.
- Preface: "For more than 15 years, I have taught a graduate course on grant proposal writing for students in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. With their encouragement and suggestions, this textbook has come to be a reality. Competition for research funds has never been more intense and, at the same time, the grant application and review process at such agencies as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are undergoing significant transformation. Writing Dissertation and Grant Proposals: Epidemiology, Preventive Medicine, and Biostatistics is unique in representing an up-to-date textbook targeting effective grant proposal writing in this growing and important field. The text covers all aspects of the proposal-writing process from soup to nuts. Stepby- step tips address grant structure and style alongside broader strategies for developing a research funding portfolio. Throughout, concepts are illustrated with annotated examples from successfully funded proposals in the field. Strategies to avoid common errors and pitfalls (e.g., dos and don'ts) and summary checklists of guidelines are provided. Essentially, the text can be viewed as a virtual cookbook of the appropriate ingredients needed to construct a successful grant proposal. Therefore, this text is not only highly relevant for early-stage investigators including graduate students, medical students/residents, and postdoctoral fellows, but also valuable for more experienced faculty, clinicians, epidemiologists, and other health professionals who cannot seem to break the barrier to NIH-funded research"--
- Proposal writing in medicine (LCSH)
- Proposal writing for grants (LCSH)
- Epidemiology -- Research grants (LCSH)
- Public health -- Statistical services -- Research grants (LCSH)
- Biomedical research (MeSH)
- Writing (MeSH)
- Research support as topic (MeSH)
- 808.06661 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Chalmers tekniska högskola, E-resurser (Zdig)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for Chalmers) (Taylor & Francis eBooks (Complete Collection))
Lunds universitets bibliotek, Digitala resurser (Ldix)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for Lund University) (Taylor & Francis eBooks (Complete Collection))