Living With Hacktivism From Conflict to Symbiosis / by Vasileios Karagiannopoulos.
Karagiannopoulos, Vasileios. (författare)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319717586
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2018
- Engelska XX, 282 p.
Serie: Palgrave Studies in Cybercrime and Cybersecurity
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Chapter 1. Introduction: The Birth of Cyberspace and the Development of Hacktivism -- Chapter 2. The Two Eras of Hacktivism -- Chapter 3. Looking into the Positive and Negative Aspects of Hacktivism -- Chapter 4. Contemporary Norms and Law and Hacktivism -- Chapter 5. Enforcing Crime Control and Hacktivism -- Chapter 6. Moving from Conflict to Symbiosis -- Chapter 7. Final Conclusions.
- This book focuses on the phenomenon of hacktivism and how it has been dealt with up to now in the United States and the United Kingdom. After discussing the birth of the phenomenon and the various relevant groups, from Electronic Disturbance Theater to Anonymous, their philosophies and tactics, this timely and original work attempts to identify the positive and negative aspects hacktivism through an analysis of free speech and civil disobedience theory. Engaging in this process clarifies the dual nature of hacktivism, highlighting its potential for positive contributions to contemporary politics, whilst also demonstrating the risks and harms flowing from its controversial and legally ambiguous nature. Based on this hybrid nature of hacktivism, Karagiannopoulos proceeds to offer a critique of the current responses towards such practices and their potential for preserving the positive elements, whilst mitigating the risks and harms involved in such political practices. Finally, the study focuses on identifying an alternative, symbiotic rationale for responding to hacktivism, based on a cluster of micro-interventions moving away from the conflict-based criminal justice model and the potentially unjust and inefficacious results it entails. .
- Criminal law. (LCSH)
- Police. (LCSH)
- Transnational crime. (LCSH)
- Computer crimes. (LCSH)
- Organized crime. (LCSH)
- Crime -- Sociological aspects. (LCSH)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Organized Crime.
- Transnational Crime.
- Crime and Society.
- Criminal Law.
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Mälardalens högskola, Digitala resurser (Mdhd)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Mälardalens högskola) (fulltext) (Ebook Central Perpetual, DDA and Subscription Titles)