Joan Mitchell / edited by Sarah Roberts and Katy Siegel.
Roberts, Sarah Rehm (redaktör/utgivare, bidragsgivare)
Siegel, Katy (redaktör/utgivare, bidragsgivare)
Baltimore Museum of Art.
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- ISBN 9780300247275
- Publicerad: San Francisco : San Francisco Museum of Modern Art ; 
- Engelska 385 pages (approximately 5 leaves folded)
- A sweeping retrospective exploring the oeuvre of an incandescent artist, revealing the ways that Mitchell expanded painting beyond Abstract Expressionism as well as the transatlantic contexts that shaped her. Joan Mitchell (1925–1992) was fearless in her experimentation, creating works of unparalleled beauty, strength, and emotional intensity. This gorgeous book unfolds the story of an artistic master of the highest order, revealing the ways she expanded abstract painting and illuminating the transatlantic contexts that shaped her. Lavish illustrations cover the full arc of her artistic practice, from her exceptional New York paintings of the early 1950s to the majestic multipanel compositions she made in France later in her career. Signature works are represented here along with rarely seen paintings, works on paper, artist’s sketchbooks, and photographs of Mitchell’s life, social circle, and surroundings. Featuring scholarly texts, in-depth essays, and artistic and literary responses, this book is organized in ten chronological chapters. Each chapter centers on a closely related suite of paintings, illuminating a shifting inner landscape colored by experience, sensation, memory, and a deep sense of place. Presenting groundbreaking research and a variety of perspectives on her art, life, and connections to poetry and music, this unprecedented volume is an essential reference for Mitchell’s admirers and those just discovering her work. -- Publisher description.
- Painting, American. (LCSH)
- Painting, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Abstract expressionism -- United States. (LCSH)
- Abstract expressionism -- United States -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Painting, American -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Abstract expressionism. (fast)
- Painting, American. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- 1900-1999 (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (lcgft)
- Mitchell, Joan, 1925-1992 -- Exhibitions.
- Mitchell, Joan, 1925-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Mitchell, Joan, 1925-1992.
- ND237.M58 (LCC)
- N6490 (LCC)
- 759.13 (DDC)
- 700.411 (DDC)
- Ie-qa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- I (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit