The grant writing guide : a roadmap for scholars / Betty S. Lai.
Lai, Betty S. (författare)
- ISBN 9780691231884
- Publicerad: Princeton, New Jersey ; Princeton University Press, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Engelska viii, 229 pages
Serie: Skills for scholars
- Task A. Develop an idea -- The landscape : find available grants -- Your values : generate ideas -- External values : further your career goals -- The one pager : create phenomenal pitches -- Task B. Target a funder -- Talk to a program officer : fit wither a funder -- Get samples : signal that you belong -- A grant's anatomy : outline and timeline -- Evaluation criteria and the mission : make it easy to advocate for you -- Task C. Draft your grant -- The literature review : clear and simple communication -- Your research plan : living up to the hype -- Structure your draft : consistency is comforting -- Go figure : images that deliver value -- Task D. Polish your grant -- Style strategies : increase readability -- The pick me factor : sell your expertise and team -- Critical critiques : identify weaknesses.
- "Grant funding can be a major determinant of promotion and tenure at colleges and universities, yet many scholars receive no training in the crucial skill of grant writing. The Grant Writing Guide is an essential handbook for writing research grants, providing actionable strategies for professionals in every phase of their careers, from PhD students to seasoned researchers. This easy-to-use guide features writing samples, examples of how researchers use skills, helpful tips, and exercises. Drawing on interviews with scores of grant writers, program officers, researchers, administrators, and writers, it lays out best practices, common questions, and pitfalls to avoid. Betty Lai focuses on skills that are universal to all grant writers, not just specific skills for one type of grant or funder. She explains how to craft phenomenal pitches and align them with your values, structure timelines and drafts, communicate clearly in prose and images, solicit feedback to strengthen your proposals, and much more. Ideal for course use, The Grant Writing Guide is an indispensable road map to writing fundable grants. This incisive book walks you through every step along the way, from generating ideas to finding the right funder, determining which grants help you create the career you want, and writing in a way that excites reviewers and funders"--Amazon.com.
- Proposal writing for grants. (LCSH)
- Proposal writing in research. (LCSH)
- Proposal writing for grants. (fast)
- Proposal writing in research. (fast)
- HG177 (LCC)
- 658.15224 (DDC)
- Qbccc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit