The speckled people / Hugo Hamilton.
Hamilton, Hugo, 1953- (author.)
- ISBN 0007149980
- 1st ed.
- Publicerad: London ; Fourth Estate, ©2003
- Engelska 298 pages
- Relaterad länk:
http://catdir.loc.go... (Contributor biographical information)
http://catdir.loc.go... (Publisher description)
- "As a young boy, growing up in Dublin, Hugo Hamilton struggles with the question of what it means to be speckled. The speckled people are, in his father's words, 'the new Irish, partly from Ireland, partly from somewhere else' ... Surrounded by fear, guilt, and frequently comic cultural entanglements, Hugo tries to understand the differences between Irish history and German history and to turn the strange logic of what he is told into truth. It is a journey that ends in liberation but not before the long-buried secrets at the back of the parents' wardrobe have been laid bare"--Jacket.
- Novelists, Irish -- 20th century -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Nationalists -- Family relationships -- Ireland. (LCSH)
- Refugees -- Family relationships -- Ireland. (LCSH)
- Germans -- Family relationships -- Ireland. (LCSH)
- Language and languages. (fast)
- Manners and customs. (fast)
- Novelists, Irish. (fast)
- Refugees -- Family relationships. (fast)
- Dublin (Ireland) -- Social life and customs. (LCSH)
- Dublin (Ireland) -- Languages. (LCSH)
- Ireland. (fast)
- Ireland -- Dublin. (fast)
- Dublin (Ireland) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Dublin (Ireland) -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- 1900-1999 (fast)
- Autobiographies. (lcgft)
- Autobiographies. (fast)
- Biography. (fast)
- Hamilton, Hugo, 1953- -- Childhood and youth.
- Hamilton, Hugo.
- PR6058.A5526 (LCC)
- 823/.914 (DDC)
- HN 9990 H218 (rvk)
- HN 9990 (rvk)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit