The chemical and biological nonproliferation regime after the Covid-19 pandemic : dealing with the scientific revolution in the life science / Malcolm Dando.
Dando, Malcolm (författare)
- ISBN 9783031191077
- Publicerad: Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2023
- Engelska xv, 125 pages
Serie: Palgrave pivot
- Chapter 1: Introduction -- Chapter 2: Novel Neuroweapons -- Chapter 3: Neuroscience Developments of Concern -- Chapter 4: The Chemical Weapons Convention -- Chapter 5: The Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention -- Chapter 6: Conclusion.
- This book offers an analysis of how the Chemical and Biological Weapons (CBW) regime has responded in the immediate aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. Coronavirus has highlighted the need to better protect modern societies from natural, accidental and deliberate disease affecting humans, animals and plants. Within that context preventing the deliberate hostile use of biological and chemical agents will be of increasing importance. Dando asks to what extent there has been a significant strengthening to the CBW non-proliferation regime in the immediate aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic using an analysis focused on two proposals to strengthen the Chemical Weapons Convention and the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention which aim to constrain advances in science and technology developments that could be misused. On this basis he concludes that it would be hard to argue that to date there has been a significant strengthening of the CBW regime. Malcolm Dando is Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow, Division of Peace Studies and International Development, School of Social Studies, University of Bradford, UK.
- Rustningskontroll (sao)
- Nedrustning (sao)
- Biologiska vapen (sao)
- Kemiska vapen (sao)
- Biological arms control. (LCSH)
- Chemical arms control. (LCSH)
- Arms control (LCSH)
- Chemical weapons (LCSH)
- Disarmament (LCSH)
- Biological weapons (LCSH)
- JZ5865.B56 (LCC)
- 327.1745 (DDC)
- Obbb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit