Forging the collective memory : government and international historians through two world wars / edited by Keith Wilson.
- Wilson, Keith (medarbetare)
Alternativt namn: Wilson, K.
- ISBN 1571818626
- Publicerad: Providence : Berghahn Books, 1996
- Engelska 300 s.
- Introduction : governments, historians, and "historical engineering" / Keith Wilson -- The historical diplomacy of the Third Republic / Keith Hamilton -- The unfinished collection : Russian documents on the origins of the First World War / Derek Spring -- Clio deceived : patriotic self-censorship in Germany after the Great War / Holger Herwig -- Senator Owen, the Schuldreferat, and the debate over war guilt in the 1920s / Herman Wittgens -- History as propaganda : the German Foreign Office and the enlightenment of American historians, 1930-1933 / E. Evans & J. Baylen -- Austria and the Great War / Ulfried Burz -- The pursuit of "enlightened patriotism" : the British Foreign Office and historical researchers during the Great War and its aftermath / Keith Hamilton -- The imbalance of British documents on the origins of the War, 1889-1914 : Gooch, Temperley, and the India Office / Keith Wilson -- Telling the truth to the people : Britain's decision to publish the diplomatic papers of the inter-war period / Uri Bialer -- Appendix: Harold Wilson and the adoption of the thirty-year rule in Great Britain.
- When studying the origins of the First World War, scholars have relied heavily on the series of key diplomatic documents published by the governments of both the defeated and the victorious powers in the 1920s and 1930s. However, this volume shows that these publications, rather than dealing objectively with the past, were used by the different governments to project an interpretation of the origins of the Great War that was more palatable for them and their country than the truth might have been. In revealing the policies that influenced the publication of the documents, the relationships between the commissioning governments, their officials, and the historians involved, this collection serves as a warning that even seemingly objective sources have to be used with caution in historical research.
- Historiografi (sao)
- Historiografi -- 1900-talet
- Historiography (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- K.5:k Historia Allmänt Modern Tid Vetenskapshistoria
- Oc:k.5 Statskunskap Politik Historia Modern Tid
- K:k.5 Historieforskningens historia: 1914-
- Oc:k.5 Statskunskap och politik: historia: 1914-
- K.5:k Historia: 1914-: historieforskning
- 907.2 (DDC)
- 320.09 (DDC)
- 909.82 (DDC)
- K:k.5 (kssb/6)
- Oc:k.5 (kssb/6)
- K.5:k (kssb/6)
Titeln finns på 6 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit