Only girl - my life and times on the masthead of rolling stone / Robin Green.
Green, Robin (författare)
- ISBN 9780349010236
- Publicerad: Little, Brown Book Group, 2018
- Engelska 304 sidor
- Introduction: RSX : The Rolling Stone Ex-Employee Fortieth Reunion -- How to become a journalist -- Face front! You're on the winning team -- Good vibes all-a time -- A bitch is born -- My little life, part 1 -- 1971 -- Big Sur -- Sex, drugs, and rock and roll -- Poison pen -- A big journalistic no-no -- Bankruptcy -- Fields, fields, and more fields -- Ronnie -- Therapy -- The bitch is back! -- Television 101 -- Changing television forever -- Sellout Sunday -- My little life, part 2 -- RIP -- RIP RSX.
- A raucous and vividly dishy memoir by the only woman writer on the masthead of Rolling Stone Magazine in the early Seventies. In 1971, Robin Green had an interview with Jann Wenner at the offices of Rolling Stone magazine. She had just moved to Berkeley, California, a city that promised 'Good Vibes All-a Time.' Those days, job applications asked just one question, 'What are your sun, moon and rising signs?' Green thought she was interviewing for a clerical job like the other girls in the office, a 'real job.' Instead, she was hired as a journalist. With irreverent humor and remarkable nerve, Green spills stories of sparring with Dennis Hopper on a film junket in the desert, scandalizing fans of David Cassidy, and spending a legendary evening on a waterbed in Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s dorm room. In the seventies, Green was there as Hunter S. Thompson crafted Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and now, with a distinctly gonzo female voice, she reveals her side of that tumultuous time in America. Brutally honest and bold, Green reveals what it was like to be the first woman granted entry into an iconic boys' club. Pulling back the curtain on Rolling Stone magazine in its prime, The Only Girl is a stunning tribute to a bygone era and a publication that defined a generation.
- Kvinnliga journalister (sao)
- Women journalists -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Journalists -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Women journalists - United States - Biography.
- Rolling stone (San Francisco, Calif.) - History.
- Green, Robin.
- Women journalists (LCSH)
- Självbiografier (saogf)
- Green, Robin (Robin L.)
- Rolling stone (San Francisco, Calif.) -- History.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Lz Biografi: särskilda personer
- 070.92 (DDC)
- Lz Green, Robin (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit