Visions of the occult : an untold story of art & magic / Victoria Jenkins.
Jenkins, Victoria (författare)
Tate Gallery (creator_code:cre_t)
- ISBN 9781849767620
- Publicerad: London : Tate Publishing, 2022
- Engelska 1 volume
- The first major survey of the occult collection of artworks, letters, objects and ephemera in the Tate Archive. Revealing over 150 unseen esoteric and mystical pieces, never before seen by the public and giving a new understanding to the artists in the Tate collection and the history and practice of the occult. Offers in-depth exploration of the occult and it's relationship to art and culture including witchcraft, alchemy, secret societies, folklore and pagan rituals, demonology, spells and magic, para-sciences, astrology and tarot.00This lavishly illustrated magical volume acts a potent talisman connecting the two worlds of Tate - the seen public collection and the unseen secrets lurking in the archive. The pages of this book explore the hidden artworks and ephemera left behind by artists for the first time idea and will shed new light on our understanding of the art historical canon. Expect to find the unexpected with artists such as Ithell Colquhoun, John Nash, Barbara Hepworth, David Mayor, Max Armfield, Cecil Collins, Jill and Bruce Lacey, Francis Bacon, Alan Davie, Joe Tilson, Henry Moore, William Blake, Leonora Carrington and Hamish Fulton.00For the first time, the clandestine, magical works of the Tate archive are revealed with archivist Victoria Jenkins acting as the depository of it's secrets. This book explores the symbiotic relationship between art and the occult and how both can act as a form of resistance to challenging environments. This book will change perceptions forever and illuminate the surprising breadth and extraordinary ways in which artists interpret not just the physical world around them but also the supernatural, and in doing so make the unseen, seen. If you think you know Tate artists, it's time to think again.
- Ockultism i konsten (sao)
- Occultism in art. (LCSH)
- Occultisme dans l'art. (Vedettes-matière)
- Occultism in art. (fast)
- Occultism in art (LCSH)
- Catalogs. (fast)
- Tate Gallery -- Catalogs.
- Tate Gallery.
- NX (LCC)
- 700.47 (DDC)
- I (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit