- Title page; Copyright page; Contents; Preface; Recommended reading; Acknowledgements; List of abbreviations; Introduction; 1: Overview of the cardiovascular system; Blood vessel functions; Anatomy and histology; 2: Gross anatomy and histology of the heart; Gross anatomy of the heart (Figure 2a); Structure of the myocardium; Coronary circulation (Figure 2f); 3: Vascular anatomy; The systemic circulation; Arteries; Arterial anastomoses; Veins; The pulmonary circulation; The splanchnic circulation; The lymphatic system; 4: Vascular histology and smooth muscle cell ultrastructure.
- Exchange vessel structureSmooth muscle cell ultrastructure; Blood and body fluids; 5: Constituents of blood; Plasma; Ionic composition; Proteins; Blood cells; Erythrocytes; Leucocytes (white cells) and platelets; 6: Erythropoiesis, haemoglobin and anaemia; Erythropoiesis; Haemoglobin; Anaemia; 7: Haemostasis; Primary haemostasis (Figure 7a); Formation of the blood clot (Figures 7b, c); Inhibitors of haemostasis and fibrinolysis; Defects in haemostasis; 8: Thrombosis and anticoagulants; Thrombosis; Antiplatelet drugs (Figure 8b); Anticoagulant drugs (Figure 8c); Some laboratory investigations.
- 9: Blood groups and transfusionsBlood groups; The ABO system; Rh groups; Other blood groups; Complications of blood transfusions; Blood storage; Cellular physiology; 10: Membrane potential, ion channels and pumps; Resting membrane potential (Figure 10a); Ion channels and gating (Figure 10b); Ion pumps and exchangers (Figure 10c); Ion pumps and membrane potential; 11: Electrophysiology of cardiac muscle and origin of the heart beat; Ventricular muscle action potential (Figure 11a); Initiation of the action potential; The plateau (phase 2); Repolarization (phase 3); Role of Na+-Ca2+ exchange.
- Sinoatrial nodeOther regions of the heart (Figure 11d); 12: Cardiac muscle excitation-contraction coupling; Initiation of contraction; Generation of tension; Relaxation mechanisms; Regulation of contractility; Influence of heart rate; 13: Electrical conduction system in the heart; Electrical conduction in cardiac muscle (Figure 13a); Conduction pathways in the heart (Figure 13b); Sinoatrial node; Atrial conduction; The atrioventricular node; Bundle of His and Purkinje system; Abnormalities of impulse generation or conduction (see also Chapters 48-50); 14: The electrocardiogram.
- Recording the ECGGeneral features of the ECG (Figure 14b); Basic interpretation of the ECG (Figure 14e); 15: Vascular smooth muscle excitation-contraction coupling; Regulation of contraction by Ca2+ and myosin phosphorylation (see shaded area in left cell of Figure 15); Vasoconstricting mechanisms; Effects of IP3 and diacylglycerol; Ca2+ influx mechanisms; Ca2+ removal and vasodilator mechanisms (see right cell of Figure 15); Form and function; 16: Cardiac cycle; The pressure-volume loop; Heart sounds and murmurs; 17: Control of cardiac output; Ventricular function curves.
- "This concise and accessible text provides an integrated overview cardiovascular medicine - considering the basic sciences which underpin the cardiovascular system and applying this knowledge to clinical practice and therapeutics. Highly visual colour illustrations complement the text and consolidate learning. The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is the perfect introduction and revision aid to understanding the heart and circulation and now also features: New chapters on stroke and examination/imaging Expanded chapters on heart block and ECGs Enhanced artwork programme Brand new and updated clinical case studies and multiple-choice questions online The fifth edition of The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is an ideal resource for medical students, whilst students of other health professions and specialist cardiology nurses will also find it invaluable"--
- Hjärt- och kärlsjukdomar (sao)
- Cardiovascular system -- Physiology. (LCSH)
- Cardiovascular system -- Pathophysiology. (LCSH)
- Cardiovascular Diseases. (MeSH)
- Cardiovascular Physiological Phenomena. (MeSH)
- Cardiovascular System -- anatomy & histology. (MeSH)
- MEDICAL -- Physiology. (bisacsh)
- SCIENCE -- Life Sciences -- Human Anatomy & Physiology. (bisacsh)
- Cardiovascular system -- Pathophysiology. (fast)
- Cardiovascular system -- Physiology. (fast)
- Handbook. (MeSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Veh Cirkulationsorganen (kardiologi och angiologi)
- RC667 (LCC)
- WG 39 (NLM)
- MED (ämneskategori)
- SCI (ämneskategori)
- 616.1 (DDC)
- Veh (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit