The art and science of trauma and the autobiographical : negotiated truths / Meg Jensen.
Jensen, Meg (författare)
- ISBN 9783030061050
- Publicerad: Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xiii, 299 pages
Serie: Palgrave studies in life writing
- The negotiated truth -- Valuing the witness: typologies of testimony -- Time, body, memory: the staged moment in posttraumatic letters, journals, essays, and memoirs -- What it is like: fiction, fear, and narratives of feeling in posttraumatic autobiographical novels -- Speaking in and speaking out: posttraumatic poetry and autography -- Annihilation and integration in collective posttraumatic monuments, testimonies, and literary texts -- The art and science of therapeutic innovation: hope for PTSD sufferers today and tomorrow.
- This book examines posttraumatic autobiographical projects, elucidating the complex relationship between the "science of trauma" (and how that idea is understood across various scientific disciplines), and the rhetorical strategies of fragmentation, dissociation, reticence and repetitive troping widely used the representation of traumatic experience. From autobiographical fictions to prison poems, from witness testimony to autography, and from testimony to war memorials, otherwise dissimilar projects speak of past suffering through a limited and even predictable discourse in search of healing. Drawing on approaches from literary, human rights and cultural studies that highlight relations between trauma, language, meaning and self-hood, and the latest research on the science of trauma from the fields of clinical, behavioral and evolutionary psychology and neuroscience, the author reads such autobiographical projects not as "symptoms" but as complex interrogative negotiations of trauma and its aftermath: commemorative and performative narratives navigating aesthetic biological, cultural, linguistic and emotional pressure and inspiration.
- Psykiska trauman i litteraturen (sao)
- Psykiska sjukdomar i litteraturen (sao)
- Psychic trauma in literature. (LCSH)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in literature. (LCSH)
- Mental illness in literature. (LCSH)
- Mental illness in literature. (fast)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in literature. (fast)
- Psychic trauma in literature. (fast)
- Posttraumatiskt stressyndrom -- i litteraturen (sao)
- Mental illness in literature (LCSH)
- Psychic trauma in literature (LCSH)
- PN56.A89 (LCC)
- 809.933561 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit