American accent training : a guide to speaking and pronouncing colloquial American English / Ann Cook ; illustrated by Holly Forsyth [and four others] ; audio by Voice Trax Studios with Marcus Harwell.
Cook, Ann, 1940- (author.)
Forsyth, Holly (illustrator.)
- ISBN 9781438010359
- Fourth edition.
- Publicerad: Hauppauge, NY : Barrons Educational Series, Inc. 
- Engelska xi, 233 pages
- Introduction : read this first -- Telephone tutoring: Preliminary diagnostic analysis -- The American sound -- Pure sound -- Voice quality -- The American speech music -- Four main reasons for intonation -- Can or can't -- Intonation and attitude -- Squeezed-out syllables -- Syllable stress -- Complex intonation -- Phrasal verbs -- Word linking & phrasing -- Word groups and phrasing -- Cat? Caught? Cut? -- The miracle technique -- The American T -- The American R -- The El -- Reduced sounds -- Grammar in a nutshell -- Tee aitch -- S or Z? -- Telephone tutoring: mid-point diagnostic analysis -- Review and expansion -- More reduced sounds -- "V" as in victory -- Tense and lax vowels -- The ridge -- The verb map -- Grammar in a bigger nutshell -- Practical application -- Nasal consonants -- Throaty consonants -- Telephone tutoring: final diagnostic analysis -- Review and expansion -- Nationality guides -- Answer key -- ESL teacher's guide -- Index.
- "A great training tool for classroom or for personal use! In recent years, Barron's American Accent Training has gained wide respect as a self-teaching program, but more and more speech trainers, teachers, and speech therapists report that they are also using it as a valuable teaching tool in their speech classes. This new edition now comes with downloadable audio. The program goes where no American accent training tool has gone before, providing highly innovative instruction for both students and business people...Supplementary materials include detailed nationality guides for 11 languages (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Korean, Arabic, the U.S. Southern accent, and African languages)." --Publisher's website.
- Engelska som andraspråk (sao)
- Engelska språket (sao)
- Amerikansk engelska (sao)
- Americanisms. (LCSH)
- English language -- United States -- Pronunciation. (LCSH)
- English language -- United States -- Accents and accentuation. (LCSH)
- English language -- Spoken English -- United States. (LCSH)
- Americanisms. (fast)
- English language (LCSH)
- United States. (fast)
- Instructional and educational works. (fast)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Feq Amerikansk engelska
- 421/.54 (DDC)
- Feq (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit