The name above the title : an autobiography / Frank Capra ; foreword by John Ford ; new introduction by Jeanine Basinger.
Capra, Frank, 1897-1991. (författare)
- ISBN 0306807718
- 1st Da Capo Press edition.
- Publicerad: New York : Da Capo Press, 1997
- Engelska xx, 513 pages
- Relaterad länk:
http://catdir.loc.go... (Contributor biographical information)
http://catdir.loc.go... (Publisher description)
- Struggle for success -- Struggle with success -- The great struggle -- An entirely new ball game, with entirely new rules.
- Although Frank Capra is best known as the director of several classic films, he was also an award-winning documentary filmmaker as well as a behind-the-scene force in the Director's Guild, the Motion Picture Academy, and the Producer's Guild. He worked with or knew socially everyone in the movie business from the silent era through the golden age. Reading his autobiography is like having Capra sitting in your living room, regaling you with his anecdotes as he reveals the deeply personal story of how, despite winning six Academy Awards, he struggled throughout his life against the glamors, vagaries, and frustrations of Hollywood for the creative freedom to make some of the most memorable films of all time.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Motion picture producers and directors. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- Biography. (fast)
- Capra, Frank, 1897-1991.
- Capra, Frank, 1897-1991
- PN1998.3.C36 (LCC)
- 791.43/0233/092B (DDC)
- 24.01 (bcl)
- Imab (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit