Teaching chemistry in higher education : a festschrift in honour of Professor Tina Overton / edited by Michael K Seery and Claire McDonnell.
Seery, Michael K. (editor.)
McDonnell, Claire (editor.)
Overton, Tina (honouree.)
- ISBN 9780992823313
- Publicerad: Creathach Press, 2019
- Engelska xvi, 452 p.
- Tina Overton -- Contributor details -- Foreward from Professor / Introduction to the Festschrift / A framework to evaluate the transition to undergraduate studies in chemistry / Kristy L. Turner -- Nurturing reflection in science foundation year undergraduate students / David Read, Integration of technology in the chemistry classroom and laboratory / Barry J. Ryan -- Developing problem-solving skills in physical chemistry / Dudley E. Shallcross -- Peer instruction as a flexible, scalable, active learning approach in higher education / Simon J. Lancaster, Collaborative, scenario-based, open-ended, problem-solving tasks in chemistry / Gwendolyn Lawrie, Context- and problem-based learning in chemistry in higher education / Dylan P. Williams -- Approaches to context-based learning in higher education chemistry / Christine M. O'Connor -- Developing inquiring minds through learning chemistry / Natalie M. Rowley -- Diagnosing and addressing the issues faced when students learn stereochemistry / Nimesh Mistry -- Using PeerWise to support the transition to higher education / Suzanne Fergus -- Student-led interviews to develop employability skills / James W. Gaynor -- Implementing community engaged learning with chemistry undergraduates / Claire McDonnell, Implementing inquiry-based learning activities in chemistry education / Jane Essex -- A sustainable peer assisted learning scheme for chemistry undergraduates / Gita Sedghi -- Developing business and employability skills for undergraduate chemists / Christopher M. Pask, Undergraduate screencast presentations with self-, peer-, and tutor assessment / Katherine J. Haxton -- Computational thinking in in the chemical sciences curriculum / Daniel C. Southam, Student-led research groups for supporting education research projects / Jenny L. Slaughter, Designing online pre-laboratory activities for chemistry undergraduate laboratories / Dino Spagnoli, Developing scientific reporting skills of early undergraduate chemistry students / Natalie J. Capel, Teaching and assessing technical competency in the chemistry laboratory / Michael K. Seery, Overturning a laboratory course to develop 21st century skills / Angela Ziebell, Introducing elements of inquiry into undergraduate chemistry laboratories / Patrick I.T.. Thomson, Developing student expertise in scientific inquiry / Jennifer A.J. Burnham -- Design of a three year laboratory programme for international delivery / Julie Hyde -- Working with graduate teaching assistants to enhance chemistry laboratory teaching / Aishling Flaherty, Developing reflective practice in graduate teaching assistants / Christopher A. Randles.
- "Celebrates the contributions of Professor Tina Overton to the scholarship and practice of teaching and learning in chemistry education. Leading educators in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia—three countries where Tina has had enormous impact and influence—have contributed chapters on innovative approaches that are well-established in their own practice. Each chapter introduces the key education literature underpinning the approach being described. Rationales are discussed in the context of attributes and learning outcomes desirable in modern chemistry curricula. True to Tina’s personal philosophy, chapters offer pragmatic and useful guidance on the implementation of innovative teaching approaches, drawing from the authors’ experience of their own practice and evaluations of their implementation."--Back cover.
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching (Higher) (LCSH)
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching (Higher) (fast)
- Festschriften. (fast)
- Festschriften. (lcgft)
- QD40 (LCC)
- 540.7 (DDC)
- Uce (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Ångströmbiblioteket (Uang)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 540.7 Teaching