20 questions about youth & the media / edited by Sharon R. Mazzarella.
Mazzarella, Sharon R. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 082048864X
- Publicerad: New York : Peter Lang, c2007.
- Engelska xii, 316 p.
- How has the kids' media industry evolved? / J. Alison Bryant -- How does the U.S. government regulate children's media? / Alison Alexander and Keisha L. Hoerrner -- Why is everybody always pickin' on youth? moral panics about youth, media, and culture / Sharon R. Mazzarella -- Piaget and power rangers : what can theories of developmental psychology tell us about children and media? / Cyndy Scheibe -- How do researchers study youth and the media? / Dafna Lemish -- Who's looking out for the kids? how advocates use media research to promote children's interests / Kathryn E. Heintz-Knowles -- The concerns : media use, content, and effects -- Advertising and consumer development : in the driver's seat or being taken for a ride? / Nancy A. Jennings -- Should we be concerned about media violence? / Erica Scharrer -- Historically, how have researchers studied the effects of media violence on youth? / John P. Murray -- What do young people learn about the world from watching television? / Michael Morgan -- How are children and adolescents portrayed on prime-time television? / Nancy Signorielli -- Learning while viewing : urban myth or dream come true? / Deborah L. Linebarger and Deborah K. Wainwright -- What are media literacy effects? / W. James Potter and Sahara Byrne -- The "kids" : youth, culture, and media -- What are teenagers up to online? / Susannah R. Stern and Taylor J. Willis -- How do kids' self-identities relate to media experiences in everyday life? / JoEllen Fisherkeller -- Just part of the family? exploring the connections between family life and media use / Christine M. Bachen -- How are girls' studies scholars (and girls themselves) shaking up the way we think about girls and media? / Sharon R. Mazzarella -- Just how commercialized is children's culture? / Matthew P. McAllister -- When it comes to consumer socialization, are children victims, empowered consumers, or consumers-in training / Steven Kline -- Do we all live in a shared world culture? / Katalin Lustyik.
- Ungdomar och massmedia (sao)
- Barn och massmedia (sao)
- Våld i massmedia (sao)
- Massmedia -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Violence in mass media. (LCSH)
- Mass media and youth -- United States. (LCSH)
- Mass media and children -- United States -- Government policy. (LCSH)
- Parenting -- United States. (LCSH)
- Mass media -- Social aspects -- United States. (LCSH)
- Violence in mass media (LCSH)
- Mass media and children (LCSH)
- Mass media and youth (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Bs Masskommunikation: allmänt
- HQ799.2.M35 (LCC)
- 302.23083 (DDC)
- Bs (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 4 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit