Twentieth-century American poetics : poets on the art of poetry / edited by Dana Gioia, David Mason, Meg Schoerke ; with D.C. Stone.
Gioia, Dana (redaktör/utgivare)
Mason, David, 1954- (redaktör/utgivare)
Schoerke, Meg (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 0072414723
- Publicerad: Boston, Mass. McGraw-Hill, 2004
- Engelska xiii, 528 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Table of contents)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Publisher description)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Contributor biographical information)
- Preface to The book of American Negro poetry / James Weldon Johnson (1871-1938) -- The sound of sense ; The figure a poem makes / Robert Frost (1874-1963) -- Preface to Some Imagist poets / Amy Lowell (1874-1925) -- Composition as explanation / Gertrude Stein (1874-1946) -- The noble rider and the sound of words / Wallace Stevens (1879-1955) -- A new measure ; The poem as a field of action / William Carlos Williams (1883-1963) -- A retrospect ; How to read / Ezra Pound (1885-1972) -- Poetry, Gongorism, and a thousand years / Robinson Jeffers (1887-1962) -- Idiosyncrasy and technique / Marianne Moore (1887-1972) -- Reflections on Vers Libre ; Tradition and the individual talent / T.S. Eliot (1888-1965) -- The springs of poetry / Louise Bogan (1897-1970) -- General aims and theories / Hart Crane (1899-1932) -- Tension in poetry / Allen Tate (1899-1979) -- Foreword to The testament of a stone / Yvor Winters (1900-1968) -- The Negro artist and the racial mountain / Langston Hughes (1902-1967) -- An objective / Louis Zukofsky (1904-1978) -- Disengagement: the art of the Beat Generation / Kenneth Rexroth (1905-1982) -- Projective verse / Charles Olson (1910-1970) -- The problem of form / J.V. Cunningham (1911-1985) -- Introduction to Kaleidoscope: poems by Negro poets / Robert Hayden (1913-1980) -- from The life of poetry / Muriel Rukeyser (1913-1980) -- The obscurity of the poet / Randall Jarrell (1914-1965) -- Some arguments against good diction / William Stafford (1914-1993) -- The new Black / Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000) -- The homosexual in society / Robert Duncan (1919-1988) -- Some notes on organic form / Denise Levertov (1923-1997) -- Reflections on narrative poetry / Louis Simpson (b. 1923) -- Meters and memory / Donald Justice (b. 1925) -- On spoken poetry / Jack Spicer (1925-1965) -- A wrong turning in American poetry / Robert Bly (b. 1926) -- To define ; Poems are a complex / Robert Creeley (b. 1926) -- Personism: a manifesto / Frank O'Hara (1926-1966) -- The invisible avant-garde / John Ashbery (b. 1927) -- On open form / W.S. Merwin (b. 1927) -- Poetry and ambition / Donald Hall (b. 1928) -- "When we dead awaken": writing as re-vision / Adrienne Rich (b. 1929) -- Bilingual/Bilingüe / Rhina Espaillat (b. 1932) -- Writing as a woman / Anne Stevenson (b. 1933) -- Negative capability and its children / Charles Simic (b. 1938) -- "What about all this...": speculations on poetry and my relationship to it / Jack Foley (b. 1940) -- Responsibilities of the poet / Robert Pinsky (b. 1940) -- The rejection of closure / Lyn Hejinian (b. 1941) -- Disruption, hesitation, silence / Louise Glück (b. 1944) -- The rhapsodic fallacy / Mary Kinzie (b. 1944) -- The scarlet crewer and the voice of the colonized / Shirley Geok-lin Lim (b. 1944) -- The political economy of poetry / Ron Silliman (b. 1946) -- Tradition and revolution: the modern movement and free verse / Timothy Steele (b. 1948) -- So much depends / Julia Alvarez (b. 1950) -- Can poetry matter? / Dana Gioia (b. 1950) -- Four of five motions toward a poetics / William Logan (b. 1950) -- A black rainbow: modern Afro-American poetry / Rita Dove (b. 1952) and Marilyn Nelson (b. 1946) -- Of formal, free, and fractal verse: singing the body eclectic / Alice Fulton (b. 1952) -- A piece of prose / Christian Wiman (b. 1966).
- Amerikanska poeter (sao)
- Poetik (sao)
- Amerikansk poesi -- historia -- 1900-talet (sao)
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc. (LCSH)
- Poetry -- Authorship. (LCSH)
- Poetics -- History -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Poetics (LCSH)
- Poets, American (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Geq.03 Litteraturhistoria: amerikansk: poesi
- Geq.5 Litteraturhistoria: amerikansk: 1900-talet
- PS323.5 (LCC)
- 811.508 (DDC)
- Geq.03 (kssb/8)
- Geq.5 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Stockholms universitet Frescatibiblioteket (H)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.