Italy since 1989 [Elektronisk resurs] Events and interpretations / Vittorio Bufacchi, Simon Burgess.
Bufacchi, Vittorio. (författare)
Burgess, Simon. (författare)
- ISBN 9780230596030
- Publicerad: Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2001
- Engelska 304 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- List of Tables and Figures Preface to the 2000 Reprint List of Abbreviations Introduction: Understanding Italian Politics in the 1990s Italy and the Ending of the Cold War (November 1989-April 1992) The General Election of April 1992 The Storm Breaks (April-September 1992) Corruption: A Rational Analysis The Close of an Era (September 1992-April 1993) Vox Populi: The Referendum of April 1993 Which Way Forward? (April-December 1993) The General Election of March 1994 Who Governs? The Trials of Berlusconi's Government (March-December 1994) The Dini Government: 'A Government of Truce' The General Election of April 1996 Conclusion: Italy in Transition Bibliography Index.
- Italy Since 1989 provides the first in-depth, fully documented account in English of the extraordinary last eleven years in Italian politics. Bufacchi and Burgess take the transition to a new Italy as their point of departure, and conduct a guided tour through the massive changes that the country has recently undergone with the collapse of the party-state, attempting to explain as well as understand events along the way. The authors provide extensive coverage of the judicial uncovering of bribery and corruption, and the journey culminates in an entirely original examination of the general election of April 1996. This revised edition includes a fresh introductory chapter, bringing up to date the chronicle of events.
- Pre-publication Endorsement of the paperback edition 'Italy since 1989 is an extraordinary book, by far the best analysis of the complex development of Italian politics.The authors combine a flexible theoretical framework with a profound knowledge of the events that are shaping the Italian political system. The admirable result is a book which is indispensable for all students and scholars of Italian politics.' - Gianfranco Pasquino, Johns Hopkins University '...this book is an excellent inquiry into the nature of democracy and democratic development in contemporary Italy.' - Mark Donovan, Modern Italy.
- Political corruption -- Italy. (LCSH)
- Politics and Government. (eflch)
- Politics & government -- c 1980 to c 1990 -- c 1990 to c 2000 -- Italy. (bicssc)
- European history -- c 1980 to c 1990 -- c 1990 to c 2000 -- Italy. (bicssc)
- 20th century history: c 1900 to c 2000 -- c 1980 to c 1990 -- c 1990 to c 2000 -- Italy. (bicssc)
- Italy -- Politics and government -- 1976-1994. (LCSH)
- Italy -- Politics and government -- 1994-. (LCSH)
- Berlusconi, Silvio, 1936-
- Dini, Lamberto.
- JP (ämneskategori)
- HBJD (ämneskategori)
- HBLW (ämneskategori)
- POL (ämneskategori)
- 320.94509049 (DDC)
- Oc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text)
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, E-resurser (Tdig)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalogTillgång för KTH Biblioteket
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for KTHB) (fulltext) (Springer)