Atlas of the Irish rural landscape / edited by F.H.A. Aalen, Kevin Whelan and Matthew Stout.
Aalen, F. H. A. (redaktör/utgivare)
Whelan, Kevin (redaktör/utgivare)
Stout, Matthew (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781859184592
- Rev. and expanded 2. ed.
- Publicerad: Cork : Cork University Press, 2011
- Engelska , 422 s.
- The making of the Irish landscape -- The challenge of change -- Components of the Irish landscape -- Regional case studies.
- The Atlas of Irish Rural Landscape is a magnificently illustrated, beautifully written and pioneering introduction to the hidden riches of the Irish landscape. Topics include archaeology, field and settlement patterns, houses, demesnes, villages and small towns, monuments, woodland, bogs, roads, canals, railways, mills, mines, farmsteads, handball alleys, and a host of other features. The Atlas combines superbly chosen illustrations and cartography with a text amenable to a general reader. Hundreds of maps, diagrams, photographs, paintings allow the Atlas to present a mass of scholarly information in an accessible way, suitable for any school, college or home. The Atlas of the Irish Rural Landscape also has a significant practical dimension. It increases the visibility of the landscape within national heritage and establishes a proper basis for conservation and planning. It explores contemporary changes resulting from the Celtic Tiger, and proposes how to implement necessary change in sympathy with inherited landscape character.
- Landscapes -- Ireland. (LCSH)
- Irland (sao)
- Ireland -- Geography. (LCSH)
- G1831.G4 (LCC)
- 914.17 (DDC)
- Neta (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit