Computer-mediated communication in personal relationships / edited by Kevin B. Wright & Lynne M. Webb.
Wright, Kevin B.
Webb, Lynne M.
- ISBN 9781433110818
- Publicerad: New York : Peter Lang, ©2011.
- Engelska xvii, 411 pages
- A functional approach to social networking sites / Erin M. Bryant, Jennifer Marmo, & Artemio Ramirez Jr. -- Unpacking the paradoxes of privacy in CMC relationships: the challenges of blogging and relational communication on the internet / Jeffrey T. Child & Sandra Petronio -- A new twist on love's labor: self-presentation in online dating profiles / Catalina L. Toma & Jeffrey T. Hancock -- Microchannels and CMC: short paths to developing, maintaining, and dissolving relationships / Deborah Ballard-Reisch [and others] -- Communication competence and apprehension during CMC in online and face-to-face relationships / W. Scott Sanders & Patricia Amason -- Relational maintenance and CMC / Stephanie Tom Tong & Joseph B. Walther -- Locating computer-mediated social support within online communication environments / Andrew C. High & Denise H. Solomon -- Personal relationships and computer-mediated support groups / Kevin B. Wright & Ahlam Muhtaseb -- Online self-disclosure: a review of research / Jinsuk Kim & Kathryn Dindia -- Multicommunicating and episodic presence: developing new constructs for studying new phenomena / Jeanine Warisse Turner & N. Lamar Reinsch, Jr. -- The more things change, the more they stay the same: the role of ICTs in work and family connections / Paige P. Edley & Renée Houston -- CMC and the conceptualization of "friendship": how friendships have changed with the advent of new methods of interpersonal communication / Amy Janan Johnson & Jennifer A.H. Becker -- A cross-contextual examination of technologically mediated communication and social presence in long-distance relationships / Katheryn C. Maguire & Stacey L. Connaughton -- Healthcare provider-recipient interactions: is "online" interaction the next best thing to being there? / Thedore A. Avtgis [and others] -- Family imbalance and adjustment to information and communication technologies / Gustavo S. Mesch & Michal Frenkel -- Online performance of gender: blogs, gender-bending, and cybersex as relational exemplars / Mark L. Hans [and others] -- Digital deception in personal relationships / Norah E. Dunbar & Matthew Jensen -- Speculating about spying on MySpace and beyond: social network surveillance and obsessive relational intrusion / Makenzie Phillips & Brian H. Spitzberg -- Problematic youth interactions online: solicitation, harassment, and cyberbullying / Andrew R. Schrock & danah boyd.
- Kevin B. Wright (Ph. D., University of Oklahoma) is Professor in Communication at the University of Oklahoma. His research examines interpersonal communication, social support related to health outcomes, and computer-mediated relationships. He coauthored Health Communication in the 21st Century, and his research appears in over 45 book chapters and journal articles, including the Journal of Communication, Communication Monographs, the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, Communication Quarterly Journal of Applied Communication Research, Health Communication, and the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication.
- Lynne M. Webb (Ph. D., University of Oregon) is Professor in Communication at the University of Arkansas. She previously served as a tenured faculty member at the Universities of Florida and Memphis. Her research examines young adults' interpersonal communication in romantic and family contexts. Her research appears in over 50 essays published in scholarly journals and edited volumes, including computers in Human Behavior, Communication Education, Health Communication, and Journal of Family Communication. --Book Jacket.
- Sociala nätverk online (sao)
- Sociala medier (sao)
- Mänskliga relationer (sao)
- Internet -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Interpersonal communication. (fast)
- Interpersonal relations. (fast)
- Online social networks. (fast)
- Neue Medien (swd)
- Interpersonale Kommunikation (swd)
- Virtuelle Gemeinschaft (swd)
- Interaktion (swd)
- Zwischenmenschliche Beziehung (swd)
- Zwischenmenschliche Beziehung. (idszbz)
- Computerunterstützte Kommunikation. (idszbz)
- Internet -- Social aspects. (fast)
- Telematics -- Social aspects. (fast)
- Interpersonal relations (LCSH)
- Online social networks (LCSH)
- Social media (LCSH)
- HM742 (LCC)
- 302.30285 (DDC)
- Oaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Ekonomikums bibliotek (Ue)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 302.3 Computer