Iphigenia in Tauris / Euripides ; edited with introduction and commentary by L. P. E. Parker.
- Euripides, ca 480-406 f.Kr. (author.)
Alternativt namn: Euripide, ca 480-406 f.Kr.
Alternativt namn: Ευριπίδης, 480-406
Parker, L. P. E., (editor.)
- ISBN 978-0-19-955009-8
- First edition.
- Oxford, United Kingdom ; Oxford University Press, 2016
- Engelska cvi, 385 pages
- "Euripides' Iphigenia in Tauris' is the tale of how two children of Agamemnon whose lives have been blighted in youth are brought together for mutual salvation and for the healing of the calamitous house of Pelops. Aristotle makes more complimentary references to the play than any other Attic tragedy, apart from Sophocles' Oedipus the King--and even less favourable critics recognize the extraordinary skill of its construction. Comprising an introduction, the Greek text, and commentary, this volume is designed to be useful to a wide range of readers, facilitating a close and accurate reading of one of Euripides' more frequently studied plays. The introduction explores earlier and later reinterpretations of the story of Iphigenia, the adoption of narrative motifs in comedy, and the ancient novel, differing critical assessments, and more technical information on metre and textual transmission. The commentary features guidance on vocabulary and syntax, while more advanced material, including textual discussion, is included in the notes"--Back cover.
- Drama. (fast)
- Iphigenia (Mythological character) -- Drama.
- Ifigenia (mytisk gestalt)
- Iphigenia (Mythological character)
- PA3973 (LCC)
- 882/.01 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit