Love is blind : the rapture of Brodie Moncur / William Boyd.
Boyd, William, 1952- (author.)
- ISBN 0241295939
- Publicerad: [London, UK] : Viking, an imprint of Penguin Books, 2018
- Engelska 370 pages
- "The Whitbread Award-winning author of A Good Man in Africa and the Costa Award-winning Restless now gives us a sweeping new novel that unfolds across fin-de-si©·cle Europe as it tells a story of ineffable passions--familial, artistic, romantic--and their power to shape, and destroy, a life. Brodie Moncur is a brilliant piano tuner, as brilliant in his own way as John Kilbarron--"The Irish Liszt"--The pianist Brodie accompanies on all of his tours from Paris to Saint Petersburg, as essential to Kilbarron as the pianist's own hands. It is a luxurious life, and a level of success Brodie could hardly have dreamed of growing up in a remote Scottish village, in a household ruled by a tyrannical father. But Brodie would gladly give it all up for the love of the Russian soprano Lika Blum: beautiful, worldly, seductive--and consort to Kilbarron. And though seemingly doomed from the start, Brodie's passion for her only grows as their lives become increasingly more intertwined, more secretive, and, finally, more dangerous--what Brodie doesn't know about Lika, and about her connection to Kilbarron and his sinister brother, Malachi, eventually testing not only his love for her but his ability, and will, to survive"
- Pianister (sao)
- Parrelationer (sao)
- Piano technicians -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Pianists -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Pianists (LCSH)
- Couples (LCSH)
- Romaner (saogf)
- Historical fiction. (lcgft.)
- Historical fiction. (fast)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- He.01 Skönlitteratur: engelska: romaner och noveller
- 823.914 (DDC)
- He.01 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 15 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit