Jamaica Kincaid : writing memory, writing back to the mother / J. Brooks Bouson.
Bouson, J. Brooks. (författare)
- ISBN 0-7914-6523-3 (alk paper)
- Albany : State University of New York Press, 2005.
- Engelska 242 p.
- When you think of me, think of my life -- I had embarked on something called self-invention : artistic beginnings in "Antigua crossings" and At the bottom of the river -- The way I became a writer was that my mother wrote my life for me and told it to me : living in the shadow of the mother in Annie John -- As I looked at this sentence a great wave of shame came over me and I wept and wept : the art of memory, anger, and despair in Lucy -- Imagine the bitterness and the shame in me as I tell you this : the political is personal in A small place and "On seeing England for the first time" -- I would bear children but I would never be a mother to them : writing back to the contemptuous mother in The autobiography of my mother -- I shall never forget him because his life is the one I did not have : remembering her brother's failed life in My brother -- Like him and his own father before him, I have a line drawn through me : imagining the life of the absent father in Mr. Potter.
- Women and literature -- Antigua -- History -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Mothers and daughters in literature. (LCSH)
- Mothers and daughters in literature (LCSH)
- Memory in literature (LCSH)
- Memory in literature. (LCSH)
- Mor- dotterrelationer i litteraturen (sao)
- Minnet i litteraturen (sao)
- Antiqua -- In literature. (LCSH)
- Kincaid, Jamaica -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Kincaid, Jamaica, 1949-
- PR9275.A583 (LCC)
- 813/.54 (DDC)
- Geq (kssb/8)
- G.096z Mor- dotterrelationer i litteraturen
- G.096z Minnet i litteraturen (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit