Picasso primitif. English.
Through the eyes of Picasso : face to face with African and Oceanic art / editorial direction by Yves Le Fur.
Le Fur, Yves (editor.)
Musée du quai Branly (host institution.)
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (host institution.)
Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (host institution.)
Musée du quai Branly--Jacques Chirac (publisher.)
Flammarion (Firm) (publisher.)
- ISBN 9782080203199
- Publicerad: Paris : Flammarion : 
- Engelska 343 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- I. Picasso and the "primitive" arts. 1900-1974 chronology -- II. Body to body. Archaisms -- Metamorphoses -- The ID -- III. The essays. Nothing but the primitive / Yves Le Fur -- Beneath the painting / Gérard Wajcman -- Louise's ass / Stéphane Breton -- Selected bibliography -- List of works exhibited.
- "Picasso once famously - and provacatively - declared that he was not acquainted with african art. yet hundreds of archival documents and photographs - in addition to reproductions of his artworks alognside so-called "primitive" works from Africa and Oceania, as well as the Americas and Asia - illustrate how such art was a continual source of inspiration for the master artist throughout his career. Divided into three parts, this comprehensive tome explores Picasso's fascination with art from outside of Europe. A chronology - spanning from his arrival in Paris in 1900 to 1974, the year following his death - highlights the principal points of intersection between the artist and "primitive" art: where he encountered it, which pieces he collected, and the resonances found in his own creations. Each date is elucidated through facts, testimonial accounts, and photographs, as well as comments from Picasso himself. The second part examines the thematic links bewteen Picasso's oeuvre and diverse non-European works, providing side-by-side compairsons that reveal recurrent themes - nudity, sexuality, impulses, death, and more - along with parallel artistic expressions of those themes, such as the disfiguration or destruction of the body. Essays by three authoritative authors complete the exploration, providing context and valuable insight into the influence of these works on Picasso and the lasting and meaningful bond he had with them."
- Indigenous art -- Influence -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Folk art -- Influence -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Art, Primitive -- Influence -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Art -- Private collections. (fast)
- Sculpture, African -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
- Pacific Islanders -- Material culture -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
- Utställningskataloger (gmgpc//swe)
- Exhibition catalogs. (fast)
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Ibz Särskilda konstnärer
- N6853.P5 (LCC)
- 709.2 (DDC)
- Ibz Picasso, Pablo (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Göteborgs konstmuseums bibliotek (Gkm)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Monogr. Ibz Picasso, Pablo Utlånas ej