The moon sister : Tiggy's story / Lucinda Riley.
Riley, Lucinda (författare)
- ISBN 9781509840106
- Publicerad: London : Macmillan, 2018
- Engelska 741 pages
Serie: Seven sisters ; bk. 5.
- Tiggy D’Aplièse spends her days experiencing the raw beauty of the Scottish Highlands doing a job she loves at a deer sanctuary. But when the sanctuary is forced to close, she is offered a job as a wildlife consultant on the vast and isolated estate of the elusive and troubled laird, Charlie Kinnaird. She has no idea that the move will not only irrevocably alter her future, but also bring her face-to-face with her past. At the estate, she meets Chilly, a gypsy who fled from Spain seventy years before. He tells her that not only does she possess a sixth sense passed down from her ancestors, but it was foretold long ago that he would be the one to send her back home… In 1912, in the poor gypsy community outside the city walls of Granada, Lucía Amaya-Albaycin is born. Destined to be the greatest flamenco dancer of her generation—and named La Candela, due to the inner flame that burns through her when she dances— Lucía is whisked away by her ambitious and talented guitarist father at the tender age of ten to dance in the flamenco bars of Barcelona. Her mother is devastated by the loss of her daughter and as civil war threatens in Spain, tragedy strikes the rest of her family. Now in Madrid, Lucía and her troupe of dancers are forced to flee for their lives, their journey taking them far across the water to South America and eventually, to North America and New York—Lucía’s long-held dream. But to pursue it, she must choose between her passion for her career and the man she adores. The Moon Sister follows these two women on their journey to discover their true futures—but at the risk of potentially losing the men they had hoped to build futures with.
- Faunavård (sao)
- Romer (sao)
- Självuppfattning (sao)
- Flamenco (dans) (sao)
- Adoptivbarn (sao)
- Män och kvinnor (sao)
- Wildlife conservation -- Scotland -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Romanies -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Flamenco dancers -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Ability -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Self-realization in women -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Families -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Adopted children - Fiction.
- Highlands (Scotland) - Fiction.
- Psychic ability - Fiction.
- Granada (Spain) - History - Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships - Fiction.
- Adopted children (LCSH)
- Man-woman relationships (lcsh)
- Flamenco (LCSH)
- Romanies (LCSH)
- Wildlife conservation (LCSH)
- Self-perception (LCSH)
- Storbritannien -- Skottland (sao)
- Highlands (Scotland) -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Spain -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Spanien (sao)
- Historiska skildringar (saogf)
- Familjeskildringar (saogf)
- Romaner (saogf)
- Historical fiction. (lcgft)
- Domestic fiction. (lcgft)
- Historical fiction.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- He.01 Skönlitteratur: engelska: romaner och noveller
- 823.4 (DDC)
- He.01 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 7 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit