The whiz mob and the grenadine kid / Colin Meloy ; illustrations by Carson Ellis.
Meloy, Colin (författare)
Ellis, Carson, 1975- (illustratör)
- ISBN 9780062342454
- First edition.
- Publicerad: New York, NY : Balzer+Bray, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska 420 pages
- After witnessing a troupe of pickpockets pull off an incredible robbery in a busy Marseille square, Charlie Fisher agrees to protect one of the thieves if they teach him their ways, leading him into a world of adventure with global stakes.
- From the creator of the New York Times bestselling Wildwood Chronicles comes an original, humorous, and fast-paced middle grade novel about a band of child pickpockets--imagine The Invention of Hugo Cabret meets Oliver Twist.It is an ordinary Tuesday morning in April when bored, lonely Charlie Fisher witnesses something incredible. Right before his eyes, in a busy square in Marseille, a group of pickpockets pulls off an amazing robbery. As the young bandits appear to melt into the crowd, Charlie realizes with a start that he himself was one of their marks.Yet Charlie is less alarmed than intrigued. This is the most thrilling thing that's happened to him since he came to France with his father, an American diplomat. So instead of reporting the thieves, Charlie defends one of their cannons, Amir, to the police, under one condition: he teach Charlie the tricks of the trade.What starts off as a lesson on pinches, kicks, and chumps soon turns into an invitation for Charlie to join the secret world of the whiz mob, an international band of child thieves who trained at the mysterious School of Seven Bells. The whiz mob are independent and incredibly skilled and make their own way in the world--they are everything Charlie yearns to be. But what at first seemed like a (relatively) harmless new pastime draws him into a dangerous adventure with global stakes greater than he could have ever imagined. -- Publisher description
- Tjuvar (barn)
- Vänskap (barn)
- Adventure stories. (LCSH)
- Thieves -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Pickpockets -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Diplomats -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Organized crime -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Americans -- France -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction. (LCSH)
- Thieves -- Fiction. (lcsh/csh)
- Thieves -- Fiction.
- Diplomats -- Fiction.
- Pickpockets -- Fiction.
- Barn- och ungdomslitteratur (barngf)
- Action and adventure fiction. (lcgft)
- Thrillers (Fiction) (lcgft)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- He,u Skönlitteratur: engelska: för barn och ungdom
- PZ7.M516353 (LCC)
- [Fic] (DDC)
- He,ug (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit