The betrayal of Anne Frank : a cold case investigation / Rosemary Sullivan.
Sullivan, Rosemary, 1947- (författare)
- ISBN 9780062892355
- First edition.
- Publicerad: New York, NY : Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2022
- Copyright: ©2022
- Engelska xv, 383 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates
- Preface: Memorial Day and the memory of unfreedom -- Part I: The background story. The raid and the green policeman ; The Diary of Anne Frank ; The cold case team ; The stakeholders ; "Let's see what the man can do!" ; An interlude of safety ; The onslaught ; Prinsengracht 263 ; The hiding ; You were asked. You said yes. ; A harrowing incident ; Anatomy of a raid ; Camp Westerbork ; The return ; The collaborators ; They aren't coming back -- Part II: Cold case investigation. The investigation ; The documents men ; The other bookcase ; The first betrayal ; The blackmailer ; The neighborhood ; The nanny ; Another theory ; The "Jew hunters" ; The V-Frau ; No substantial proof, part I ; "Just go to your Jews!" ; Probing memory ; "The man who arrested Frank family found in Vienna" ; What Miep knew ; No substantial proof, part II ; The greengrocer ; The Jewish Council ; A second look ; The Dutch notary ; Experts at work ; A note between friends ; The typist ; The granddaughter ; The Goudstikker affair ; A bombshell ; A well kept secret -- Epilogue: The shadow city -- Afterword / by Vince Pankoke.
- Using a new technology, recently discovered documents, and sophisticated investigative techniques, a retired FBI agent and a cold case team painstakingly pieced together the months leading to the infamous arrest of Anne Frank and her family--and came to a shocking conclusion.
- Who betrayed Anne Frank and her family? And why? Despite the many works devoted to Anne's story, none has ever conclusively explained how these eight people managed to live in hiding undetected for over two years-- and who or what finally brought the Nazis to their door. Pankoke and a team of investigators pored over tens of thousands of pages of documents-- some never before seen-- and interviewed scores of descendants of people familiar with the Franks. They pieced together the months leading to the infamous arrest-- and came to a shocking conclusion. Sullivan introduces us to the investigators, explains the behavior of both the captives and their captors, and profiles a group of suspects. In doing so she brings to life wartime Amsterdam: a place where no matter how wealthy, educated, or careful you were, you never knew whom you could trust. --
- Förintelsen (sao)
- Judar (sao)
- Svek (sao)
- Tyska ockupationen av Nederländerna 1940-1945 (sao)
- Andra världskriget 1939-1945 (sao)
- Kalla fall (sao)
- Betrayal. (LCSH)
- Forensic historians. (LCSH)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Netherlands -- Amsterdam. (LCSH)
- Jews -- Netherlands -- Amsterdam -- History. (LCSH)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) (LCSH Children)
- World War, 1939-1945 (LCSH)
- Jews (LCSH)
- Betrayal (LCSH)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) (LCSH)
- Cold cases (Criminal investigation) (LCSH)
- Netherlands -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945. (LCSH)
- Biographies. (lcgft)
- Frank family.
- Frank, Anne, 1929-1945.
- Frank, Anne, 1929-1945 -- Friends and associates.
- Frank, Anne, 1929-1945
- DS135.N6 (LCC)
- 940.53/18092 (DDC)
- Koafh-a.54 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit