Conversations with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / edited by Daria Tunca.
Tunca, Daria (redaktör/utgivare, redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781496829269
- Publicerad: Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2020
- Engelska pages cm
Serie: Literary conversations series
- Introduction -- Acknowledgements -- Chronology -- A Q&A with Chimamanda Adichie / Eve Daniels -- Interview with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Dan Wickett -- "Nigerian identity is burdensome": the Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie interview / Wale Adebanwi -- Morning yet on creation day / Daniel Spencer -- Q&A with the author / Anonymous -- "My book should provoke a conversation"--Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Wale Adebanwi -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Joshua Jelly-Schapiro -- Writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichia interview / Eleanor Wachtel -- Q&A with Chimamanda Adichie / Lia Grainger -- A conversation with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Susan VanZanten -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie in conversation with Synne Rifbjerg / Synne Rifbjerg -- Exclusive interview: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Mazi Nwonwu -- Talking to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the beauty brand ambassador we all need right now / Cheryl Wischhover -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: bold and unflappable / Belinda Otas -- Interview with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Tom Hall -- The novelist as therapist: a conversation with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Daria Tunca -- Key resources -- Index.
- "Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (b. 1977) is undoubtedly one of the most widely acclaimed African writers of the twenty-first century. Best known for her insightful fiction, viral TED talks, and essays on feminism, she is also a notoriously outspoken intellectual. As she puts it in an interview with Lia Grainger, in her characteristically straightforward style: "I have things to say and I'll say them." Conversations with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is the first collection of interviews with the writer. Covering fifteen years of conversations, the interviews start with the publication of Adichie's first novel, Purple Hibiscus (2003), and end in late 2018, by which time Adichie had become one of the most prominent figures on the international literary scene. As both scholars and passionate readers of the author's work are bound to find out, the opinions shared by Adichie in interviews over the years coalesce into a fascinating portrait that presents both abiding features and gradual transformations. Reflecting the political and emotional scope of Adichie's work, the conversations contained in this volume cover a wide range of topics, including colonialism, race, immigration, and feminism. Collectively, these interviews testify both to the author's ardent wish to strive for a more just and equal world, and to her deep interest in exploring our common humanity. As Adichie says in her 2009 interview with Joshua Jelly-Schapiro: "When people call me a novelist, I say, well, yes. I really think of myself as a storyteller." This book invites Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to tell her own literary story"
- "Collected interviews with the widely acclaimed African writer and outspoken intellectual who is known for her insightful fiction, viral TED talks, and essays on feminism"
- Authors, Nigerian -- 21st century -- Interviews. (LCSH)
- Authors, Nigerian (fast)
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Literary Figures.
- 2000-2099 (fast)
- Interviews (fast)
- Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi, 1977- -- Interviews.
- Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi, 1977-
- PR9387.9.A34354 (LCC)
- 823/.92 (DDC)
- HP 9999 (rvk)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Svenska akademiens Nobelbibliotek (Nob)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Litt.hist. Eng. Monogr. Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi