Ralph Lemon : modern dance / Thomas J. Lax.
Lax, Thomas J. (författare, redaktör/utgivare)
Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.) (creator_code:isb_t)
- ISBN 9781633450073
- Publicerad: New York, New York : The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 
- Engelska 167 pages
Serie: Modern dance
- Foreword / Glenn D. Lowry -- Preface / David Velasco -- Shall we dance at MoMA? An introduction / Kathy Halbreich -- For starters / Thomas J. Lax -- Image essay / Ralph Lemon -- Easter eggs: a narrative chronology / Adrienne Edwards and Thomas J. Lax -- Dancing community: Ralph Lemon's choreography, 1981-95 / Deborah Jowitt -- The geography trilogy: take your body apart and put it back together / Katherine Profeta -- The affective physics of encounter: Ralph Lemon and Walter Carter / André Lepecki -- Toward a supreme constellation of being: a one-act play / Okwui Okpokwasili -- Fugitive value: Ralph Lemon and museums / Doryun Chong -- Radical dispossession: Ralph Lemon's Scaffold Room / Bartholomew Ryan -- Hard enough to enjoy / Fred Moten -- I set out in the morning / Will Rawls -- List of works -- Selected bibliography -- Contributor biographies -- Acknowledgments -- Photograph credits -- Trustees of the Museum of Modern Art.
- Ralph Lemon (born 1952) is one of the most significant figures to emerge from New Yorks downtown dance and performance world in the past 40 years. A polymath and shape-shifter, Lemon combines dance and theater with drawing, film, writing and ethnography in works presented on the stage, in publications and in museums. He builds his politically resonant and deeply personal projects in collaboration with dance makers and artists from New York, West Africa, South and East Asia, and the American South. Lemon, who was born in Cincinnati and raised in Minneapolis, describes his explorations as a "search for the forms of formlessness." Absorbing and transmuting fractured mythologies, social history and dance techniques from multiple geographies and decades, Lemons genre-transcending works perform an alchemy of past and present, reality and fantasy. This book, the first monograph on the artist, features a wide range of texts by scholars and performers, an original photo essay by Lemon and an extensive chronology.
- Choreographers -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- African American choreographers -- Biography. (LCSH)
- PERFORMING ARTS / Dance / Modern. (bisacsh)
- African American choreographers. (fast)
- Choreographers. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- Biographies. (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Lemon, Ralph -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Lemon, Ralph.
- GV1785.L385 (LCC)
- 7 LEMO LEM (UDK)
- 792.8/2092 (DDC)
- Ikz (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit