Half of a yellow sun / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi, 1977- (author.)
- ISBN 9780008329662
- 4th Estate matchbook classics edition.
- Publicerad: London : 4th Estate, 2019
- Copyright: ©2006
- Engelska 433 pages
Serie: 4th Estate matchbook classics.
- Set in Nigeria during the 1960s, at the time of a vicious civil war in which a million people died and thousands were massacred in cold blood, the three main characters are swept up in the violence during these turbulent years. One is a young boy from a poor village who is employed at a university lecturer's house. The other is a young middle-class woman, Olanna, who has to confront the reality of the massacre of her relatives. And the third is a white man, a writer who lives in Nigeria for no clear reason, and who falls in love with Olanna's twin sister, a remote and enigmatic character. As these people's lives intersect, they have to question their own responses to the unfolding political events. This extraordinary novel is about Africa in a wider sense: about moral responsibility, about the end of colonialism, about ethnic allegiances, about class and race; and about the ways in which love can complicate all of these things.
- Nigeria -- History -- Civil War, 1967-1970 -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Nigeria -- History -- 1960- -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Nigeria. (fast)
- Since 1960 (fast)
- Fiction. (fast)
- Historical fiction. (fast)
- History. (fast)
- Political fiction. (fast)
- Political fiction. (lcgft)
- Historical fiction. (lcgft)
- 823.92 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit