Un-American / Erik Edstrom.
Edstrom, Erik (författare)
- ISBN 9781635573749
- Publicerad: Bloomsbury USA, 2020
- Copyright: ©2020
- Engelska 290 pages
- Relaterad länk:
- Part I: Imagine your own death -- American boy -- West Point -- Part II: Imagine the other side -- First contact -- Annus horribilis -- Friend or foe -- Funerals and the tomorrow pill -- Kill -- The awakening -- Part III: Imagine the costs -- What has been lost? -- Costs, opportunity costs, and opportunities.
- "A whistle-blowing manifesto about America's unchallenged war machine, from a new kind of military hero. First: Imagine your own death. Second: Imagine America's wars from "the other side." Third: Imagine what might have been if the war were never fought.Un-American poses these startling circumstances in a searing examination of America and Americans at war. Erik Edstrom grew up in suburban Massachusetts with an idealistic desire to make an impact, ultimately leading him to the gates of West Point. Fiveyears later, he was deployed to Afghanistan as an infantry lieutenant. Throughout his military career, he confronted atrocities, buried his friends, wrestled with depression, and struggled with an understanding that the war he fought in, and the youth hetraded to prepare for it, was in contribution to a bitter truth: The War on Terror is not just a tragedy, but a crime. The deeper tragedy is that our country lacks the courage and conviction to say so. Un-American is a hybrid of social commentary and memoir that exposes how blind support for war exacerbates the problems it's intended to resolve, devastates the people allegedly being helped, and diverts assets from far larger threats like climate change. Un-American is a revolutionary act, offering a blueprint for redressing America's relationship with patriotism, the military, and military spending."--
- Soldater (sao)
- Kadetter (sao)
- Militär etik (sao)
- Kriget i Afghanistan 2001- (sao)
- Terrorism (sao)
- Terrorismbekämpning (sao)
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Political aspects -- United States. (LCSH)
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 -- Moral and ethical aspects. (LCSH)
- Terrorism -- Prevention -- Evaluation. (LCSH)
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Afghanistan -- Kandahār (Province) -- Personal narratives. (LCSH)
- Terrorism (LCSH)
- Soldiers (LCSH)
- Afghan War, 2001- (LCSH)
- Military cadets (LCSH)
- Military ethics (LCSH)
- United States -- Military policy. (LCSH)
- Självbiografier (saogf)
- Autobiographies. (lcgft.)
- Personal narratives. (lcgft.)
- Edstrom, Erik.
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 4th. Brigade, 4th.
- United States. Army -- Officers -- Conduct of life.
- United States. Army -- Officers -- Biography.
- United States Military Academy -- Biography.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Lz Biografi: särskilda personer
- 958.104/74092 (DDC)
- B (DDC)
- Lz Edstrom, Erik (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit