Europeanization and statebuilding as everyday practices : performing Europe in the western Balkans / Vjosa Musliu.
Musliu, Vjosa (författare)
- ISBN 9780367360375
- Publicerad: Abingdon, Oxon ; Routledge, 2021
- Engelska 159 pages
Serie: Routledge studies in intervention and statebuilding
- Europeanization as statebuilding. Statebuilding as Europeanization : everyday performative acts in the western Balkans -- Kosovo : a European state is born -- Fantasies of Islam and Europe : the case of public intellectuals in Kosovo -- Performing Europe through rainbow flags : of LGBT politics in Pristina -- Celebrating and fantasizing Europe in Sarajevo -- "Tirana will not be Calcutta" : European activities and aesthetics in Tirana -- If only statues could talk! : the making of European Macedonia through Skopje -- Conclusion.
- "This book provides a critical understanding of Europeanization and statebuilding in the Western Balkans, using the notion of everyday practices. This volume argues that it is everyday and mundane events which provide the entry points to showcase a broader set of practices of Europeanization in countries outside the EU. It does this by tracing notions of Europeanization in the everyday statebuilding of Kosovo; Europe Day celebrations in Bosnia and Herzegovina; urban politics in Tirana; and space and place making in Skopje. In doing so, the book shows that everyday events tell us that as much as it is about changing structures, institutions and economic models, Europeanization is also about changing behaviours and ideas in populations at large. At the same time, the work shows that countries outside the EU use everyday events to perform their belonging to Europe. This book will be of much interest to students of European Studies, Balkan politics, statebuilding, and International Relations generally"--
- Statsbildning (sao)
- Nationalkaraktär (sao)
- Social förändring (sao)
- Internationella relationer (sao)
- National characteristics, European. (LCSH)
- National characteristics, Balkan. (LCSH)
- Nation-building -- Social aspects -- Balkan Peninsula. (LCSH)
- Social change -- Balkan Peninsula. (LCSH)
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.) (fast)
- International relations. (fast)
- National characteristics, Balkan. (fast)
- National characteristics, European. (fast)
- Social change. (fast)
- Statsbildning -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Social change (lcsh)
- International relations (lcsh)
- National characteristics (lcsh)
- Nation-building (lcsh)
- Balkanhalvön (sao)
- EU-länderna (sao)
- Balkan Peninsula -- Relations -- European Union countries. (LCSH)
- European Union countries -- Relations -- Balkan Peninsula. (LCSH)
- Balkan Peninsula. (fast)
- European Union countries. (fast)
- European Union -- Balkan Peninsula.
- European Union -- Influence.
- European Union.
- 341.242209496 (DDC)
- Oeale (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit