Crossroads : drawing the Dutch landscape : selections from the Harvard Art Museum and the Maida and George Abrams Collection / editedby Joanna Sheers Seidenstein and Susan Anderson ; with contributions by Susan Anderson [and 5 others] ; afterword by George S. Abrams.
Seidenstein, Joanna Sheers (redaktör/utgivare, redaktör/utgivare)
Anderson, Susan (redaktör/utgivare, bidragsgivare, redaktör/utgivare, bidragsgivare)
Abrams, George (efterskrift, efterskrift)
Harvard Art Museums (creator_code:his_t)
- ISBN 0300263821
- Publicerad: Cambridge, Mass. Harvard Art Museums, 
- Engelska 245 pages
- "Throughout the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, amid enormous expansion in global commerce and colonization, landscape drawing played a key role in forging Dutch national identity. Featuring works on paper by Rembrandt, Bruegel, and Ruisdael, among dozens of other artists, this study examines how a hyperlocal impulse in many of these drawings inspired domestic pride and a sense of connection to the land, as they also reflected aspects of the broader ecological and social change taking place. Incisive essays offer close readings that push our understandings of these artists and their work in important new directions, including eco-criticism, land use and environmentalism, race, and class."--
- Drawing, Dutch -- 17th century -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Drawing -- Netherlands -- 17th century. (LCSH)
- Drawing -- Private collections -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Drawing. (fast)
- Drawing, Dutch. (fast)
- Art -- Private collections. (fast)
- Drawing -- Private collections. (fast)
- Netherlands. (fast)
- Massachusetts -- Boston. (fast)
- 1600-1699 (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (lcgft)
- Abrams, Maida -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
- Abrams, George -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
- Abrams, George.
- Abrams, Maida.
- NC261 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit