Harriet Tubman / by Kitson Jazynka ; illustrated by Charlotte Ager.
Jazynka, Kitson (författare)
Ager, Charlotte (illustratör)
- ISBN 9780241386231
- Publicerad: London : Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2019
- Engelska 128 pages
Serie: DK life stories.
- Discover the inspiring story of Harriet Tubman, a fearless activist and abolitionist who helped guide many slaves to freedom, in this fascinating kids' biography. Born into slavery in the 1820s, Harriet Tubman would later run away and later help scores of other African American slaves escape to freedom in the North using the "Underground Railroad". A nurse, scout, and advisor during the American Civil War, Harriet co-led the Combahee River Raid, in which 700 slaves were liberated. After the war, Harriet became involved in women's suffrage, or the right to vote, and opened a retirement home for sick and elderly African Americans. In this biography book for 8-11 year olds, learn all about Harriet Tubman's fascinating life, the hardships she endured, the people she helped and rescued, the battles she fought, and how this American icon of strength continues to inspire so many people today.
- African American women civil rights workers -- Biography -- Children's nonfiction. (LCSH)
- African American civil rights workers -- Biography -- Children's nonfiction. (LCSH)
- Slaves -- United States -- Biography -- Children's nonfiction. (LCSH)
- African American civil rights workers. (fast)
- African American women civil rights workers. (fast)
- Slaves. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- Biographies. (fast)
- Biographies. (lcgft)
- Tubman, Harriet, 1822-1913 -- Children's nonfiction.
- Tubman, Harriet, 1822-1913.
- 306.362092 (DDC)
- Oa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.